The Gateway to Dentistry program introduces college students to the wide range of career options associated with the Dental Profession. Participants are engaged in challenging and informative hands on dental experiences. “Gateway to Dentistry” is an 8-day interactive internship that affords each participant exposure to the various aspects of dentistry.
- Introduction to student life
- Hands on clinical techniques
- Introduction to dental specialties
- Preclinical laboratory procedures
- Financial aid projections
- Admissions process & counseling
- Research opportunities and much more!
The program is open to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students and qualified recent graduates.
If you are not certain of your career options or even if you have decided on dentistry as a profession, "Gateway to Dentistry" will assist you in the critical decision making process with regard to future educational and career planning.
Maritza Camacho, Admissions Coordinator: (973) 972-1645, E-mail: email@example.com
Wednesday, January 5, 2022 – Friday, January 14, 2022
(Deadline for receipt of application and all documentation: October 15, 2021 and email with our decision will be sent out on or about November 1, 2021.)
Wednesday, June 1, 2022 – Friday, June 10, 2022
(Deadline for receipt of application and all documentation: January 15, 2022 and email with our decision will be sent out on or about February 17, 2022.)
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION OF ACCEPTANCE TO GATEWAY TO DENTISTRY*
- Good academic standing.
- Currently enrolled in or recent college graduate.
- Have taken some science courses
- In-state and out-of-state residents are eligible to apply.
- Students who have been accepted or applied to any dental school are not eligible to participate in the Gateway to Dentistry Program
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING
Submit an on-line application form and required documentation:
- a letter of recommendation from your Pre-Dental advisor or any basic science professor
- a current official transcript from all undergraduate college attended
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 (payable to RSDM)
- Photo identification or valid driver’s license
Gateway Participants Must:
- Be responsible for all personal expenses including:
- Carry their own health insurance
- Wear sneakers at all times during the program
- Long hair must be pulled back
- Long or artificial nails are not allowed
- Submit $170.00 for equipment, materials and identification badge required by the University (payable to RSDM) once accepted into the program.
All Documents Must be Forwarded to:
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Office of Admissions
110 Bergen St., B829
Newark, NJ 07103
*No applications will be considered unless all documentation is received by established deadlines and criteria are met.
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine WILL SUPPLY APPLICANTS WITH
- all dental materials
- surgical scrub attire
- infection control materials
- parking tags