My research has focused on educational domains within dental education and surveying dental school administrators on their comprehension and their views. I also focus on exploring empathy in dental students. Additional work explores tooth loss and malnutrition. Most recently I was involved in a study to determine what oral rinse might best protect the dentist from COVID-19 during dental treatment. My next project will review retrospectively the five-year outcomes of indirect pulp cap procedures performed at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine by students.
DMD, Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
MA in dental education, University of the Pacific
- Relationships between Dentition and Malnutrition Risk in Community-Dwelling Older Adults.
- Oral rinses- Which one works best to protect the dentist from patient aerosol
- Preliminary steps to review outcomes of Indirect Pulp Capping or Selective Caries Removal performed by dental students at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
- A change to a new caries risk assessment tool and its effect on student’s treatment of patients
- Hoskin, E., Bertone, M., Chun, Y., Lee A.L., Motahari, M.Z., Martin, A.B.,; Should Dental School Faculty be Measured and Compensated Using Academic Productivity Models; J Dent Educ, 84:534-542, 2020
- Zelig, R., Jones, V.M., Touger-Decker, R., Hoskin, E., Singer, S., Byham-Gray, L., Rigassio-Radler, D., Rothpletz-Puglia, P.; The Eating Experience, Adaptive and Maladaptive Strategies of Older adults with Tooth Loss; Journal of Dental Research, 4(3):217-228, 2019
- Zelig R, Byham-Gray L, Singer SR, Hoskin ER, Fleisch Marcus A, Verdino G, Rigassio Radler D, Touger-Decker R. Dentition and Malnutrition Risk in Community-Dwelling Older Adults. Journal of Aging, Research and Clinical Practice (JARCP), 2018; 7:107-114.
- Hoskin, E., Woodmansey, K., Beck, L., Rodriguez T.; Dental Students’ Perceptions of Dentist-Patient Interactions: An Exploration of Empathy in Dental Students; Strides Dev Med Educ.2018 December;15(1): e65124, doi:10.5812/sdme.65124, 2017
- Hoskin, E., Veitz-Keenan, A.; Can We Trust Visual Methods Alone for Detecting Caries in Teeth, Evid Based Dent, 41-42, 2016
- Hoskin, E., Johnsen, D., et al. Educational Domains; Dental Educators Assign Importance and Rate Confidence in Defining and Fulfilling Outcomes, J Dent Educ, doi: 10.21815/JDE.019.010, Jan. 2016
- Hoskin, E., Veitz-Keenan, A.; Antibiotics Are Not Useful to Reduce Pain Associated With Irreversible Pulpitis, Evid Based Dent, 81-82, Sept. 2016