You've found it! A truly unique program designed to introduce under graduate students to the wide range of career options associated with the Dental Profession. Rutgers School of Dental Medicine offers all prospective applicants challenging and informative hands on dental experience. This is an intensive internship based at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine in Newark, New Jersey. Gateway to Dentistry is a 2-week interactive program that affords each participant a birds-eye exposure to the various aspects of the practice of dentistry.
- Introduction to student life
- Hands on clinical techniques
- Introduction to dental specialties
- Preclinical laboratory procedures
- Financial aid projections
- Admissions process & counseling
- Research opportunities and much more!
The program is open to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students and qualified recent graduates.
If you are not certain of your career options or even if you have decided on dentistry as a profession, "Gateway to Dentistry" will assist you in the critical decision making process with regard to future educational and career planning.
Maritza Camacho, Admissions Coordinator: (973) 972-1645, E-mail: email@example.com
Wednesday, January 2, 2019 – January 11, 2019
(Deadline for receipt of application and all documentation: October 11, 2018 and email with our decision will be sent out on or about November 1, 2018.)
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 – Wednesday, June 7, 2019
(Deadline for receipt of application and all documentation: January 25, 2019 and email with our decision will be sent out on or about February 11, 2019.)
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION OF ACCEPTANCE TO GATEWAY TO DENTISTRY*
- Good academic standing.
- Currently enrolled in or recent college graduate.
- Have taken some science courses
- In-state and out-of-state residents are eligible to apply.
- Students who have been accepted or applied to any dental school are not eligible to participate in the Gateway to Dentistry Program
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING
Submit an on-line application form and required documentation:
- a letter of recommendation from your Pre-Dental advisor or any basic science professor
- a current official transcript from all undergraduate college attended
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 (payable to RSDM)
- Photo identification or valid driver’s license
Gateway Participants Must:
- Be responsible for all personal expenses including:
- Carry their own health insurance
- Wear sneakers at all times during the program
- Long hair must be pulled back
- Submit $170.00 for equipment, materials and identification badge required by the University (payable to RSDM) once accepted into the program.
All Documents Must be Forwarded to:
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Office of Admissions
110 Bergen St., B829
Newark, NJ 07103
*No applications will be considered unless all documentation is received by established deadlines and criteria are met.
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine WILL SUPPLY APPLICANTS WITH
- all dental materials
- surgical scrub attire
- infection control materials
- parking tags