Adult Screening Department of RSDM
The screening department of the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine is your first stop in becoming a patient here.
Appointments may be made by phone, however, you may experience delays due to the high call volume. Please use the email address as an alternative to request appointments. When using email, please provide your name and phone number, and an administrative assistant will call you to set up the appointment.
Upon your arrival, you will be asked to complete a medical history and personal information form and then will be registered by the administrative staff.
Your screening appointment will include an overview of your oral condition by a dentist. Based on your condition, this dentist will usually order either a full-mouth set of x-rays (about 18 pictures taken inside your mouth) or a panoramic x-ray (one picture taken outside your mouth). Your $55 dollar screening fee only covers one of these types of xrays. If the dentist feels both types of xrays are needed, you will be charged additional fees to cover that cost.
In Order to make your visit asrewarding as possible, please be aware of the following conditions:
- Your screening visit can take up to 4 hours to complete, so please arrive promptly and devote enough time.
- It can take up to 8 weeks, and sometimes longer, for you to be assigned to a dental student for treatment. The amount of time depends on various times of the year and student availability.
- The faculty dentist evaluating you may consider your case too complex for our undergraduate clinic. In this case, you will be referred to our post-graduate clinics. The residents here have completed their general dental training and are in the process of obtaining specialty degrees. The fees charged in the post-graduate clinics are higher than in the undergraduate clinic.
- If you present with severe medical complications, you may be asked to have your physician complete a clearance for dental treatment form before treatment can continue. This form will be provided to you.
- The dental school does not provide parking validation.
Michael Conte, DMD, MPH, Associate Dean Clinical Affairs
110 Bergen Street
Newark, New Jersey 07103