From New Jersey Turnpike, North or South:
- Take exit 15W to I-280 West to the Orange St./6th St. exit. Make the
first right onto Orange St. and proceed one block to First St.Turn right
and proceed about half a mile to West Market St., where First St. becomes
Bergen St. Follow the parking directions below. *
From the Garden State Parkway, North or South:
- Take exit 145 to I-280 East. Stay to the left to exit at First St. Turn
right on First St. and continue across W. Market St., where First St.
becomes Bergen St. Follow parking directions below.
Parking on the Newark Campus:
- Take the first left after W. Market St. for the University's
Administration Complex, low biege buildings, and metered parking in Lot
- Proceed straight on Bergen St. across 12th Ave. to parking for other
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences schools and units. Turn left about 500 feet beyond 12th Ave.; bear
left for self-parking in DOC parking garage (hourly rates), bear right for
valet parking at entrance to University Hospital.
- Or continue straight on Bergen St. to the traffic light at South Orange
Ave. Turn left and at the first light, turn left into the University
complex and metered parking in Lot 1. *
From Route 78, East or West
- Take Exit 56- Peddie Street- stay to the far right as you exit , make a
left onto Hawthorne Street, proceed thru the traffic light on Jeliff to the
second traffic light, make a right onto Bergen Street proceed approx 2.0
miles on Bergen Street to SSB on left.
- For metered parking in Lot 1, turn right on South Orange Ave., and take
first left into the University Complex.
- For valet parking or the Doctors Office Center parking garage, continue
straight on Bergen St., University Hospital is on the right.
- Proceed past the hospital and turn right at the Doctors Office Center
sign. Bear left for self-parking in garage (hourly rates); bear right for
valet parking at entrance to the hospital.
- For parking near the Administration Complex continue straight on Bergen
St. across 12th Ave. and take the first right into parking Lot 9 for
From New York City:
- Take the George Washington Bridge or the Lincoln Tunnel to NJ Turnpike
to Exit 15W. Follow directions from the NJ Turnpike. Or take the Holland
Tunnel to the NJ Turnpike (exit 14) to Route 78 W. Follow directions from
Route 78 W
* Mass Transit:
- PATH and Amtrak rail lines and New Jersey Transit buses and trains
serve Penn Station in downtown Newark, about a mile from the Health Sciences campus at Newark.
The #21, #31 and #34 buses stop at the campus. Buildings closest to those
routes are: #31 (4,5,11,13); #34 (2,3,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) #21 (1,2,3). Taxi
service is available to and from Penn Station and Newark International