COVID-19 Safety Precautions: What Patients Should Know Before Their Visit
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed aspects of our treatment procedures and patient areas at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine clinics. But you will receive the same compassionate high-quality care we have always provided. We are taking all precautions to ensure that our patients, staff and providers are safe from risk. Please read the following information before your appointment.
- Wear a mask or face covering to your appointment. Cloth and other homemade masks are acceptable. If you are undergoing a procedure, a medical-grade mask will be given to you on arrival. Do not wear a face covering with an exhalation valve. These are not permitted and you will be provided them with a surgical mask upon arrival.
- If you believe you have a dental emergency, schedule a Teledentistry visit so we can assess your needs. Please call 973-972-4242.
- All patients entering our clinical facilities are screened prior to their appointment for possible symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, cold/flu symptoms, red eyes, loss of smell/taste, and body aches.
- If you are sick on the day of your appointment with any symptoms, please call the office to reschedule.
- If you are undergoing an office procedure, you may be required to obtain a COVID-19 test within 48 hours of your appointment.
- To maintain proper social distancing of at least six feet, only one support person may come with you or your child for an office visit. We will make exceptions for patients with disabilities who may require additional support. For some procedures, only the patient will be allowed in the office.
- Upon your arrival, your provider will meet you to escort you to the clinic. Please don’t arrive early.
- All staff and physicians will wear masks and other protective equipment as necessary during all patient visits and procedures.
- We are limiting the number of patients arriving at the office to keep waiting rooms clear and maintain necessary social distancing.
- Additional cleaning procedures are in effect throughout the day.