The Certificate of Excellence in Research will be provided annually to a pre-doctoral dental student who demonstrates outstanding research activity in the dental or biomedical sciences fields. This activity should be performed at least in part while the student is matriculated at NJ Dental School.
This may include but not be limited to:
1. Principal investigator or a participant in a research project published or ready for submission to a peer reviewed journal,
2. Development or participant in the development of a method that can be considered for patenting.
Three (3) OKU designated members* (judges) will observe the research presentations (posters and oral presentations) presented by NJ Dental School pre-doctoral students during the annual Balbo Research Day.
The OKU designated judges will use the following criteria:
1. Novelty of the project (30%),
2. Basic/Dental/Biomedical science knowledge (20%)
3. Research methods employed (20%)
4. Study design (20%)
5. Revelance to dentistry and clinical practice (10%)
The judges will forward their recommendation for the award recipient to the chapter president no later than 24 hours after the conclusion of Balbo Day.
*by the chapter president
(C)1999 Omicron Kappa Upsilon - OMEGA
Return to the Home Page