Mission & Goals
The overall mission of the Advanced Education Program in Periodontics is to train specialists in the knowledge, skills and practice of Periodontics and in the process foster a philosophy of continuing scholarly activity, professional development and lifelong learning.
- To provide the special knowledge and skills required to train specialists to diagnose and treat all forms and severities of periodontal diseases.
- To prepare and graduate individuals whose knowledge is biologically and evidence based.
- To foster an attitude of lifelong learning.
- To prepare and encourage graduates to seek board certification by the American Academy of Periodontology
- To instill in students a commitment to community service.