From Practice to Preceptor (FP2P)
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine is addressing the shortage of dental school faculty by recruiting and extensively training a diverse group of dentists to teach and fulfill all roles of effective dental faculty members. Over the course of two years, aspiring dental educators will be equipped with a broad skill set enabling them to teach and serve as mentors to the next generation of dentists.
"Testimonials from Faculty and Participants"
The From Practice to Preceptor (FP2P) program will train practicing general and pediatric dentists to:
- Teach in a “competency-based” clinical setting
- Teach in community-based settings located in underserved communities
- Treat vulnerable populations
- Develop cultural and linguistic competencies
- Mentor students and other aspiring faculty
In addition, at the end of this training, participants will have capabilities in:
- Interprofessional team approaches to patient care
- Administrative roles in the academic environment
- Providing evidence-based dental care
- Addressing health disparities
- Research evaluation and design
Courses on teaching methods
Working side by side with faculty
Frequently Asked Questions
When is my application due
No applications are being accepted at this time. Check back for future availability.
For more information contact
Irma Fernandes at email@example.com