ESTHETIC / RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY
Elevating Your Restorative Game
Technology is here to stay, and the clinical team must be on board to accept the new reality or be left behind. This course is designed to help the office run more efficiently, communicate better, and produce quality dentistry consistently. We will discuss various technological advancements and their impact on dentistry. Included in our discussions will be scanners, mills, advancements in indirect materials, and digital implant workflows. At the end of the day, many myths will be debunked and the team should leave with a new outlook on practicing quality dentistry. Although this course has a digital undertone to it, the whole team can benefit from the presentation. This is a full day course, and could include a hands on component for an additional half day.Objectives:
- What is with all of the changes, and who’s benefiting the most?
- Discuss the digital tools that your office needs for success, including scanners, mills, and 3D printers.
- Learn in depth the digital workflow for both the dental team and the laboratory and why it leads to predictable outcomes.
- Discuss many of the new indirect materials and when and how to use them, both chairside and laboratory fabricated.
- Learn the benefits of an accurate digital smile design and ability to transform a 2D rendering into a fabulous smile.
- Visualize the restorative driven digital implant workflow, including diagnosis, collaborative treatment planning, and final restorative outcome.
- Discuss successes and how to avoid failures utilizing new technology.
CHAD C. DUPLANTIS, DDS, FAGD
Fort Worth, Texas
Dr. Duplantis received his degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Dental School in 1999. He continued with Post doctorate training at Baylor College of Dentistry, earning a certificate in Advanced Education in General Dentistry in 2000. He has been in private practice since 2000 in the North Fort Worth, Texas area. In private practice, he treats all ages with an emphasis on restorative and aesthetic dentistry.
Dr. Duplantis has always had an interest in “high-tech” dentistry and has been incorporating CAD/CAM technology in his practice since 2004. Formerly a CEREC user, he is now a user of the Glidewell.io chairside system.
Dr. Duplantis has also written several articles regarding digital dentistry for various dental publications. He has helped various manufacturers on numerous projects and evaluations regarding different aspects of clinical dentistry. In addition to technology, Dr. Duplantis has a keen interest in adhesion and materials. He is a clinical consultant for Glidewell Laboratories, and AMD Lasers. He serves as a Key Opinion Leader for several dental corporations.
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (earn 7 credit hours)
at The Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
$215 for Dentists • $165 for Auxiliaries/Residents
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org — Phone: 973-972-6561
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.