ESTHETIC / RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY | 2 Topics / 1 Day
Prosthetic Strategies for
the Esthetic Zone
We will review the challenges in restoring single teeth and multiple missing anterior teeth. The presentation also focuses on a systematic perspective on how to plan implant restorations step-by-step with a multidisciplinary approach.
Various aspects of immediate and delayed implant placement in the esthetic zone are addressed along with a review of prosthetic steps of smile design. Treatment planning is the key. Material selection, screw vs. cement retained designs, and advantages of CAD/CAM technology in everyday practice.Topics will include:
- Treatment planning for ideal esthetics.
- How to restore anterior single units and multiple unit restorations.
- Immediate placement concepts.
- Abutment design and selection.
- Angulated Screw Channel (ASC Abutment) for single and multi-unit restorations.
- Cement vs. screw retained restorations.
- Prosthetic options using modern CAD/CAM techniques.
Esthetic Management of
Implant Supported Restorations
Creating inconspicuous anterior restorations is still a great challenge for clinicians. In recent years, treatment modalities and restorative options have evolved. A multidisciplinary approach is paramount when treating an esthetically and functionally compromised dentition. A review of orthodontic pre-treatment options and prosthetic steps of smile design are incorporated in this lecture. The presentation also includes the influence of digital technology workflow in daily practice, all of which are tantamount to optimum patient treatment.Topics will include:
- Planning for prosthetically driven implant placement.
- Multi-disciplinary treatment planning concepts.
- A demonstration of the benefits of a digital implant workflow.
- Anterior single and multiple tooth restoration protocols.
- Abutment design concepts.
- Prosthetic options with CAD/CAM technique.
CARLOS MOGLIANESI, DMD
New Providence, New Jersey
DR. CARLOS MOGLIANESI received his degree from Rutgers School of Dental Medicine and completed a mini residency in Orofacial Pain and Temporomandibular Dysfunction. He was awarded his advanced Prosthodontics training degree from Wadsworth Veterans Administration (now West Los Angeles Medical Center), Los Angeles. He had an academic appointment at Harvard School of Dental Medicine; and he is affiliated with the prosthodontic programs at UCLA School of Dentistry and Rutgers University. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics; a past president of the New Jersey Section of the American College of Prosthodontics; and has held various appointments within the New Jersey section of the American College of Prosthodontics.
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (earn 7 credit hours)
at The Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
$215 for Dentists • $165 for Auxiliaries/Residents
E-mail: email@example.com — Phone: 973-972-6561
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.