ANESTHESIA / PAIN CONTROL
Nitrous Oxide Conscious Sedation
A Basic Hands-on Course for Dentists & Dental Team Members
This course will introduce you to the use of nitrous oxide conscious sedation to manage anxiety in patients. It is designed for the general practitioner with little background in the use of nitrous oxide. It is a basic course that presents background information and step-by-step procedures for nitrous oxide administration. Each participant will have the opportunity to administer and receive nitrous oxide under close supervision.Topics to be covered:
- Planes of anesthesia and analgesia.
- Demonstration of different types of equipment.
- Demonstration of nitrous oxide administration.
- Review of clinical research.
- Participation of registrants in pairs administering nitrous oxide.
- Assisting in the administration of nitrous oxide sedation.
- Review of sedation monitoring equipment.
- Consideration of occupational hazard issues.
- Describe signs and symptoms of various planes of nitrous oxide conscious sedation.
- Administer nitrous oxide conscious sedation to patients.
GLENN ROSIVACK, DMD, MS
Department of Pediatric Dentistry
$255 for Auxiliaries/Residents
E-mail: email@example.com — Phone: 973-972-6561
(Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)