Composite Restorative Dentistry:
A Blend of Artistry and Technique
Click here to see Day 1 on 5/19/17:
"The Art and Science of Fixed Prosthodontics:
From Basic to Complex"
Today’s composite resins allow the aesthetic dentist limitless creativity in recreating human dentate form. At the core of every aesthetic dental restoration is tooth morphology… natures’ combination of elevations, depressions, opacities, and translucencies that collectively produce functional and aesthetic beauty.
In this lecture/demonstration/hands-on course, Dr. Lowe will discuss and demonstrate techniques to create morphologically precise direct anterior and posterior composite restorations. Use of different aesthetic materials in combination with finishing techniques will enable simple, yet “world class” placement of state of the art restorations for your patients tomorrow!
Advances in Direct Composites
- Bulk fill technologies are changing the way we clinically fabricate direct composite restorations.
- Simplifying layering for aesthetic anterior composites.
- How bioactive dental materials are impacting restorative dentistry.
- Creative matrix systems for anterior direct composite restorations.
- Discuss some new innovations in adhesive dentistry that are advancing technology of composite resins.
- Direct composite fiber reinforced bridge: When may this be the “bridge of choice?” Anterior and posterior options are discussed.
- To teach a simple, reproducible technique to create accurate and aesthetic tooth morphology in composite resin for anterior and posterior teeth.
- Discuss how sectional matrix can accurately reproduce contact and contour for posterior proximal surfaces.
- Learn how to manage soft tissue issues when placing Class II composite resins.
- Finishing and polishing techniques that create natural surface texture and reflection.
You will learn hands-on:
- Anterior facial composite with intrinsic effects.
- Class II sectional matrix exercise to create contour and contact using bulk fill technologies.
ROBERT A. LOWE, DDS, FAGD, FICD, FADI, FACD
Diplomate, American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry
DR. ROBERT A. LOWE received his DDS degree, magna cum laude, Loyola University in 1982, has maintained a full time practice for 30 years, and is a world recognized teacher and clinician. He taught for 10 years at Loyola University School of Dentistry and has received Fellowships in the AGD, ICD, ADI, and ACD.
In 2004, Dr. Lowe received the Gordon Christensen Outstanding Lecturer Award and in 2005 received Diplomate status on the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry.
Dr. Lowe has authored numerous scientific articles and has contributed to dental textbooks. He is a consultant for a number of dental manufacturers and a member and clinical evaluator for the Catapult Group. Dentistry Today consistently names Dr. Lowe to the “Top 100 Clinicians in Dentistry”.
E-mail: email@example.com — Phone: 973-972-6561
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.